At the heart of Girls on the Run are amazing volunteers whose commitment and passion change the lives of thousands of girls each year. Our volunteers are dynamic role models dedicated to empowering girls to become healthy and confident young women. Whether you have just a couple of hours a year, a season or a month to help our cause, we would love to hear from you.
BECOME A COACH
- Coaches do not have to be elite runners. They just have to be women over 18 who maintain a healthy lifestyle and are committed to improving the lives of girls! Men can serve as assistant coaches.
- New Coaches must attend 5-hour Girls on the Run coach training. Head coaches must stay for CPR training immediately following. Training is free!
- All curriculum and materials are supplied and coaches are provided with a support network and tips along the way.
- Girls on the Run and Heart & Sole meets twice a week for 90 minutes.
- Team of coaches welcome! At least two coaches needed at each location.
At GOTR we’re committed to equipping our coaches with the skills and knowledge they’ll need to lead their girls through a transformative season. During training, which consists of one hour of online learning and four and a half hours of in-person time, you’ll learn about building GOTR style relationships, creating an environment girls can thrive in and developing a climate in which all girls are celebrated for their personal growth. You’ll also get the chance to practice leading a GOTR lesson, meet other coaches, share your expertise and have some fun. We look forward to seeing you there!
In order to become a coach for Girls on the Run or Heart & Sole, you must complete these two steps:
- Complete the Volunteer Application.
- Complete the volunteer clearance process. Click here to view instructions.
When you sign up to be a Girls On The Run (GOTR) coach you’re signing up to inspire, empower, and change lives. Our coaches come from a range of backgrounds, professions and levels of experience. One thing they all have in common is a passion for helping girls grow. At GOTR, we’re committed to equipping our coaches with the skills and knowledge they’ll need to lead their girls through the season. During training you’ll learn about building GOTR relationships, creating an environment boys can thrive in and developing a climate in which all girls are celebrated for their character.
You’ll also get the chance to experience a GOTR lesson, meet other coaches, share your expertise and have some fun. We look forward to seeing you there!
Upcoming Coach Trainings
- Wednesday, February 21 12:00-3:00pm CPR 4:30-6:00pm - Oscar Lasko YMCA 1 E. Chestnut Street West Chester PA 19380
- Sunday, February 25 10:00-2:00pm NO CPR - Lionville YMCA 100 Devon Drive Exton PA 19341
- Wednesday, February 28 6:00-8:00pm CPR ONLY - Oscar Lasko YMCA 1 E. Chestnut Street West Chester PA 19380
- Saturday, March 3 9:30-1:30pm CPR 2:00-4:00pm Lionville YMCA 100 Devon Drive Exton PA 19341
BE A SOLEMATE
SoleMates are men and women who support Girls on the Run by raising funds for our organization while completing an event of your choice. Just like the girls work toward their goal of running a 5K at the end of their 10-week session, we ask our SoleMates to commit their time and energy to accomplish a fitness goal. Your goal may be a 5K, 10K, 1/2 marathon, full marathon, triathlon, bike race, mud run or some other event.
5K Event Committee:
Our 5K Event Committee works together to plan & execute the Girls on the Run 5K, which is our culminating celebration at the end of each season (fall & spring). If you would like to share your ideas and be part of creating this memorable event, please contact Kathryn Gute.
5K Event Volunteer:
There are plenty of opportunities at our Girls on the Run 5K event to lend a helping hand for just a few hours. From setting up the venue to handing out medals at the finish line..there is a role for everyone. If you would like to be part of this end of season celebration and share in the excitement of these girls, we invite you to select a volunteer opportunity on our event registration page. Questions? Please contact Kathryn Gute.