All CrossFit workouts are based on functional movements and these movements reflect the best aspects of gymnastics, weightlifting, running, rowing and more. These are the core movements of life. They move the largest loads the longest distances, so they are ideal for maximizing the amount of work done in the shortest time. By employing a constantly varied approach to training, functional movements and intensity lead to dramatic gains in fitness.
While CrossFit challenges the world's fittest, the program is designed for universal scalability, making it the perfect application for any committed individual, regardless of experience. We scale load and intensity; we don’t change the program.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT EAST CHESTNUT CROSSFIT
How much does CrossFit cost and how can I get started?
East Chestnut CrossFit costs $99 per month for unlimited classes. You must be a YMCA member to join East Chestnut CrossFit. Those new to CrossFit also need to complete the on-ramp program which costs $135. See details under “How do I get started?” for more information about the on-ramp program.
Specials are currently running:
- OFFER EXTENDED: Join East Chestnut CrossFit today and we'll waive your $135 on-ramp fee. Download your pass today.
- For those who are not already YMCA of Greater Brandywine Members: Those who join East Chestnut CrossFit must also be a YMCA member. If you are not a YMCA member, we will waive the $99 YMCA joiner fee when joining the YMCA and CrossFit at the same time. That means that to begin, you will pay your one-time on-ramp fee ($135), first month of CrossFit classes ($99) and your YMCA monthly membership. YMCA membership rates vary by branch.
What is CrossFit?
CrossFit is constantly varied functional movements performed at high intensity. All CrossFit workouts are based on functional movements, and these movements reflect the best aspects of gymnastics, weightlifting, running, rowing and more. See this YouTube video for more details. These are the core movements of life. They move the largest loads the longest distances, so they are ideal for maximizing the amount of work done in the shortest time. By employing a constantly varied approach to training, functional movements and intensity lead to dramatic gains in fitness.
Overall, the aim of CrossFit is to forge a broad, general and inclusive fitness supported by measurable, observable and repeatable results. The program prepares trainees for any physical contingency—not only for the unknown but for the unknowable, too. Our specialty is not specializing.
While CrossFit challenges the world's fittest, the program is designed for universal scalability, making it the perfect application for any committed individual, regardless of experience. We scale load and intensity; we don’t change the program. (Courtesy of CrossFit, Inc.)
Who Does CrossFit?
Moms. Dads. Single Professionals. Grandparents. Athletes. And more. People of all ages, shapes and sizes do CrossFit. That’s because CrossFit workouts are tailored to each individual. While everyone does the same kind of exercises, how intense and how long each person does the exercises differs. Note that you must be at least 14 years of age to register for East Chestnut CrossFit.
The community that spontaneously arises when people do these workouts together is a key component of why CrossFit is so effective. (Courtesy of CrossFit, Inc.)
What do I get as an East Chestnut CrossFit member?
Check out our comparison chart to view all of the benefits of a YMCA CrossFit membership, including:
- Unlimited CrossFit classes in our air-conditioned CrossFit gym. Lockers and showers are also available onsite.
- As a YMCA member, you may visit any of our YMCA branches, as well as most YMCAs across the U.S. This gives you access to our fitness centers which are stocked with tons of cardio and strength equipment, unlimited group exercise classes, access to many of our indoor pools and more.
- Child Watch, our on-site babysitting service, is also available for parents to drop their kids off during our busiest times at the Oscar Lasko YMCA, including from 5 pm – 8 pm Monday through Friday and 9 am – 12 pm on Saturdays.
- Member discounts on YMCA programs such as swimming lessons, childcare, arts, environmental education, sports leagues and more.
Can I go to East Chestnut Cross Fit if I belong to another CrossFit gym?
Yes, a drop-in rate for those who belong to other CrossFit gyms is available for $20 per visit. You do need to have an assessment prior to your first class. Contact Wendy Young at email@example.com for an assessment.
How do I get started with East Chestnut CrossFit?
Set up a free assessment by contacting Wendy Young at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you decide CrossFit is right for you, you can enroll in the on-ramp program which costs $135 and includes two training sessions. During these sessions, you’ll learn how to perform the fundamental movements of CrossFit safely and efficiently. If you are new to CrossFit, completing the on-ramp program is required before beginning classes.
Where Can I Find the CrossFit Schedule of Classes?
CrossFit classes are available Monday - Saturday at various times throughout the day.
Click here to view the CrossFit schedule.