Five Things You and Your Family Can Do at the Y to Get Ready for the Summer!
Stuck in the cold winter blues? Ready for a week at the beach with your family? Worried about keeping your kids safe and active while school’s out? Believe it or not, now’s the time to start preparing for summer. Here are five things you and your family can do at the Y to prepare for summer fun!
- Get Water Smart – Before summer arrives, it’s a great idea to introduce or even re-introduce everyone in your family to water safety. We’ve launched a newly upgraded swim lessons program to provide a new thoughtful, tested curriculum with skill progressions appropriate for all ages and abilities, with a focus on swimming skills, stroke technique and water safety. Nothing gives a parent more peace of mind than knowing their child is safe in the water, whether it’s at the Y, community pool or down the shore. Learn more about YMCA swim lessons.
- Secure childcare for the summer – If you’re a working parent or guardian, you understand the importance of having childcare available during the summer months. You want your child to have fun, but also want them in a safe and nurturing environment. The Y has you covered with our Childcare Early Learning Centers! Sign up to reserve your spot.
- Summer Camp – There’s a summer camp for every kid at the Y! If your child is a building scientist, a gymnast, an intrepid explorer or anything in between, YMCA full- and half-day camps are filled with fun and adventure! We’re busy planning the best summer ever for your child. Register by February 28 to receive early bird pricing. Download a camp guide for all the details.
- Get a head start with next school year – Stay ahead of the game and sign your child up for our Before & After School care programs for the 2018-2019 school year. Our programs are loaded with activities that you and your child will love! Trained staff activate kids with everything from homework help to fun games and art projects. In addition, childcare is matched to most school days off. This program is open to all and financial assistance is available. Learn more about Before & After School care at the YMCA.
- Enjoy youth sports at the Y as a family – At the Y, we realize that kids just want to have fun and play, no matter what the sport. That’s why we focus on building strong bonds among teammates, mastering skills and boosting confidence. Volunteer coaching opportunities are available to parents who want to be involved in their child’s sports activities. YMCA membership is not required to participate in YMCA sports leagues and programs. Financial assistance is available. Not sure why sports should be part of your kids’ lives? Click here for five big reasons why you should start them in sports and never look back.