Your Safety is Our #1 Priority!
The safety and well-being of you and your loved ones is our number one priority at the Y. With the shorter days and holiday season upon us, please keep the following safety tips in mind:
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- When out in your car, park in well-lit areas.
- Secure valuables in your trunk, locker or leave them at home. Many thieves are opportunists. If they see your purse, wallet, phone or packages on the seat of your car, you may return to find a window broken and your items stolen.
- Closely supervise children when walking in parking lots.
- Avoid walking alone when it is dark.
- Use well-lighted, well-traveled routes.
- Wear reflective clothing when walking or running outside at night or early morning
- Report any suspicious activity to the police. If you see something, say something!