What does the Y mean to you? How has the Y made a difference in your life? We want to know!
We are searching for the most inspiring and moving experiences you have had at the Y that show its impact on your life. Stories are being sought in the six categories below. If you have a story to share, submit it by Wednesday, May 31. If your story is selected, you will be featured in our upcoming marketing campaign and receive a $100 gift card!
- Health & Fitness – Experiences you have had that show how the Y, our members and/or Y staff have inspired you to live healthier, lose weight or get in shape. Why do you come to the Y over other fitness facilities?
- Swimming – Experiences you have had that show how the Y has helped you or your children learn to swim, built confidence, or helped your family stay safe in and around water.
- Sports – Experiences that show how YMCA sports programs make a difference in your life. Has a Y coach helped your child discover and build his or her natural talents and abilities?
- Theater, Music, Art & Dance – Experiences that show how you or your children discovered their passions through Y theater, music, art or dance programs. Has a teacher gone above and beyond to inspire and help your children grow? Have your children built their self-esteem or overcome a fear such as speaking in front of large groups?
- Camp – Experiences that show the adventure of camp. Have your children discovered new adventures, made new friends, or built lasting memories at camp? What did they experience that surprised them? Did they discover something new about themselves?
- Childcare/Early Learning – Experiences that show how childcare and early learning programs such as preschool, Montessori or kindergarten have made a difference for you and your children. How was a teacher gone above and beyond for you or your child? What new things has your child discovered?