The YMCA is the perfect place for kids and teens! We believe the values and skills learned during these vital times add the building blocks for life. Because of the Y, more young people throughout Chester County are taking a greater interest in learning and making smarter life choices. At the Y, kids and teens learn values and positive behaviors, and can explore their unique talents and interests, helping them realize their potential. That makes for confident kids today and contributing and engaged adults tomorrow. The YMCA of Greater Brandywine offers programs for all ages.
- Active kid programming such as 7th Grade Membership, climbing at the Apline Tower, skating at the Kennett Area YMCA Skate Park and Saturday Night Lights.
- Adapted programs for special needs kids and teens who want to gain independence, socialize with others and learn how to live healthy, active lives.
- Arts & Humanities programs such as art, music, dance and theater.
- Camp including unqiue day camps for every kid and Counselor-In-Training programs for teens
- Environmental Education programming such as Y Earth Service Corps, School of Birding and Nature Classes
- Youth Fitness programs such as Girls on the Run, Heart & Sole and STRIDE
- Youth Leadership programs such as Youth Government and Youth Council
- Youth Sports programs including Baseball, Basketball, Cheerleading, Fencing, Flag Football, Floor Hockey, Gymnastics, Martial Arts, Softball, Swim Team, Tennis and Volleyball. Available all-year round.