The YMCA of Greater Brandywine is a non-profit organization committed to helping all members of our community to grow in mind, body and spirit. We serve people of all ages, backgrounds, abilities and incomes.
Our fundraising efforts help us to provide financial assistance and income-based membership to ensure that YMCA memberships and/or programs are available for all individuals and families in our community.
Income-based memberships are available to individuals and families who meet the eligibility requirements and would like assistance in paying for their membership.
Family Membership: Gross household income for all adults must be under $80,000.
Individual Membership: Gross household income for all adults must be under $50,000.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for an income-based membership, stop by a Member Services Desk or call any one of our branches and request a confidential application. You will be required to submit the following documents:
Copy of last year’s federal tax return
Two recent copies of pay stubs OR social security/disability checks
Financial Assistance for Programs
Financial assistance is available to individuals and families meeting specified household income guidelines to assist in paying for YMCA programs such as camp, childcare, swim lessons, sports leagues and more.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for financial assistance, stop by a Member Services Desk or call any one of our branches and ask for a confidential application. Be prepared to submit the following documents:
- Copy of last year’s federal tax return
- Two recent copies of pay stubs OR social security/disability checks
- Government-issued ID
Additional Ways to Save
In addition to our financial assistance and income-based membership programs, the YMCA offers:
- Discounted membership for active-duty military personnel, public safety officers and veterans in recognition of their service.
- Free membership for 7th-grade students in Chester County through our 7th Grade Initiative
- Short-term college student membership
- Corporate membership discounts through our corporate partners